Sunday, June 25, 2017

                                   Seven Of Seven

Okay, Here is the last of this series. Don't think this is my last post of the year. Oh no! You would be mistaken if thinking that. I wanted to get a painting a day posted as a restart on this blog. Much more is coming and more regularly. I am committing to a new post every week and more if I have something to share between regular posts. I have several things in the works and one is a new website. But that is not the only thing. This blog will continue along with the new website. There will likely be changes in my work as far as style and subject matter and more comments and suggestions on painting coming more often here. I have no intention of competing with any of the fine instructional websites currently helping others to paint and improve peoples work. They are doing great and doing a fine job teaching bout painting good art.

I plan on answering questions when I can and maybe offering some other solutions to solving problems we all run into when making a painting. I will not be disputing others, but trying to re- enforce what they teach with maybe a slight adjustment or suggestion. The first rule to painting is there are no "set in stone" rules one must follow. That said, there are many ways to solve a problem and by going back to the basics of drawing, value, composition, simplicity, edges, color and so on, one will find the answer to any given painting problem.

What some might think of as "rules" are usually "rules of thumb" that make up the basics for making good, pleasing, archival works of art. When I say archival, I mean your paint won't be falling off the canvas in a few years after it is finished and hanging in a collectors home. It also means less problem with cracking, fading of colors.There is a lot that can go wrong with a painting after it leaves the artists studio, if the artist does not pay attention to the basics of good painting.

Okay, this post is not a teaching post so let me get on with this post. Number seven in this post is another piece from old reference material and a few changes I made, since my artistic license is still valid. Again this is on an oil primed RayMar panel. It is 12"x12" I call it "Glacial Pond" True is is bigger than what most people consider a "pond," but it certainly was not lake sized. This location is in Colorado, near Rocky Mountain National Park. It was seen and photographed during a hike, I am physically unable to do any more, I'm sorry to admit, but age takes it's toll on all of us in different ways, I guess. This like the others is available by contacting me through this blog. A frame has not yet been ordered so you can make that choice if you so desire. I hope you like it.

   
                                              "Glacial Pond" 12"x12" Oil on panel

No comments: